Thursday 11 June 2015

Spicy Wings



Very often when I get home from work, I will feel super peckish. I'll be walking up to the front door and all I'll be doing is thinking about getting home in launching myself face first into some potato-y, cheesy goodness. I blame our strange hours as a teacher. We have lunch at half 11 in the morning(!!) so by the time I get home, I'm feeling ravenous. Sometimes, as I raid the kitchen drawers, I can be pretty good and stay away from the carbs. And sometimes I know exactly what I want to eat, but it takes too long to prepare it, so I don't bother. These wings, come happily between not being too carb heavy and being quick and easy to prepare.

As it's from Aafiyah's frozen range, you can just take them out of the freezer and shove them into the oven, without waiting for them to defrost, and are cooked in about 20-30 minutes. They make a great Friday evening, post-work appetizer or snack, as my family and I enjoyed them, or can form a part of bigger dinner with sides. I served these wings with chopped cucumber and carrots (hello, vitamins) and topped the wings with toasted sesame seeds for a little crunch. 



The wings from Aafiyah come ready prepared with either a spicy or BBQ flavoured sauce, but I decided to come up with my own sweet and spicy sauce to drench the wings in just to add some more moisture.


Spicy Wings


Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
Serves: 2-4

300g wings

For sauce:
½ cup Hot Sauce
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
½ tbsp Fish Sauce (optional)

For garnishing:
¼ cup of toasted sesame seeds

1) Preheat oven to 180ยบC.

2) Place wings on a roasting tray and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the skin is slightly crispy.

3) In saucepan on a low heat, combine all of the ingredients for the hot wings sauce and stir until well combined.


4) When chicken is cooked, submerge the wings in the sauce and stir well until it is coated in the sauce. Top the wings with toasted sesame seeds and serve.



** Disclaimer: this post contains sponsored links

No comments:

Post a Comment